Mobile phones and tablets are now the most common way that people interact with websites so it is critical to design a website with this in mind and make websites mobile friendly.
What makes a website mobile friendly?
- Make it legible – the website content should adapt to the screen size and be easy to read without having to pinch-zoom or scroll horizontally.
- Keep it task orientated – mobile users are generally users on the go and looking for something in a hurry so it is important to present the important information and actions so that they are right at the user’s fingertips. So for a mobile-friendly view it is even more important to cut to the chase – consider the key purpose of a web page whether it be information or an action and present that right away in an easily accessible way.
- Keep navigation menus simple, logical and easy to access. Make it easy to get back to the home page.
- Minimise the number of steps to complete an action
- Strike a good balance between size of text, buttons, images, etc. and utilising the screen space.
- Be considerate of data usage by keeping the content as trim as possible and optimise pages for fast loading.
- Test across a wide range of mobile devices and screen sizes.
Contact us now to for a mobile friendly make-over for your website